More information about the bow kite patent:
The correct name of the concept is “wing with a negative dihedron for towing a load”. As this name is not commercial the name “bow kite” was adopted due to the technology’s open arc constructions in comparison to traditional C-shape kites.
The invention enables to control the cord wise Angle of Attack throughout the entire canopy while supporting only the LE with bridles, which flattens the arc of the kite. The result shows a concave trailing edge during a flight position when viewed from above.
The result of the invention are kites that can be trimmed by the rider during flight by sheeting and letting go of the bar or by using the depower. Therefore bow kites are save in comparison to C-kites and have an improved windrange.
Overview of Bow Kite patents:
- « Aile a diedre negatif de traction d’une charge » (concave TE) – No.FR 2 866 859
- « Aile a diedre negatif de traction d’une charge » (arch bridle) – No.FR 2 866 860
- « Dispositif de contrôle pour ailes de traction » (pulley bar) – No.FR 2 873 093
- « Aile a diedre negatif de traction d’une charge » (concave TE) – No.US 7 374 133
- « Aile a diedre negatif de traction d’une charge » (concave TE) – No.CA 2 498 729
- « Aile a diedre negatif de traction d’une charge » (arch bridle – divisionary of FR arch bridle) – No.FR 2 908 382
- « Aile a diedre negatif de traction d’une charge » (sliding bridle – divisionary of OEB concave) – No.EP1 878 659
- « Wing having a negative dihedron for towing a load » (sliding bridle -divisionary of US concave) – No.US 7 494 093
1. view in flight from above – TrailingEdge is concave 2. view from the bottom (same view as from top axis) – TrailingEdge is concave 3. minimum line length of 30m
Certificate Of Authenticity
The Bow Kite label is fixed (from end of 2016 on) on all the kites officially licensed.
The label contains:
1. anti counterfeiting hologram with fine details preventing any misleading reproduction 2. 9 digit serial number for each licensee and manufacturer 3. code of licensee and manufacturer 4. patent listing
share of bow kites in global kite market
Today 95% of all kites are manufactured on the basis of the patented bow kite technology.
All kites manufactured without a license may have safety performance that is compromised and does not come with guaranteed development and manufacturing standards.